Wind Energy is a growing sector in Ireland and Northern Ireland, creating jobs and benefiting communities. See below the latest facts and figures on the wind energy industry.
- 228 The number of Wind Farms on the island of Ireland.
- 195 The number of wind farms in the Republic of Ireland
- 3025MW Installed Wind Energy Capacity on the island of Ireland.
- 1,966,250 Homes Powered Equivalent on the island of Ireland.
- 2395MW Installed Capacity in the Republic of Ireland.
- 630MW Installed Capacity in Northern Ireland.
- 1969MW Republic of Ireland Wind Generation Record reached at approximately17.15 on 23rd February 2015.
- 556MW Northern Ireland Wind Generation Record reached at approximately 14.45 on 7th January 2015.
- 2514MW All Island Wind Generation Record reached at approximately 13.30 on 7th January 2015.
The above are based on latest information available from ESB Networks, Eirgrid & SONI.
- 18.3% Percentage of Ireland’s electricity from wind in 2014 (SEAI).
- 3,110,487 Potential CO2 reductions (pa) in tonnes from wind farms installed on the Island of Ireland.*
- 88.5MW Installed capacity of Ireland’s largest wind farm, Meentycat in Co. Donegal.
- 1992 Year Ireland’s first commercial wind farm was commissioned at Bellacorrick, Co Mayo
Contact us on +353 051 364 054 for more information or email us directly below.