Enerpower are a leading renewable energy company providing a wide range of sustainable energy solutions for industrial and commercial clients. We are currently recruiting for the position Procurement Manager. Please see below for more information
Title: Procurement Manager
Reporting To: Managing Director
Location: Waterford & Remote Working Options
Objectives of the Job:
- As part of a small team work collaboratively to develop the Supply Chain function both internally and as a strategic resource, cultivating key stakeholder relationships.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of required goods, materials or services and advise relevant individuals of any impact.
- Proactively update relevant individuals on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the Company meeting customer demands.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers, practices and technologies.
- Pro-actively contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Mitigated risk through sustainable procurement practices by meeting business needs in a way that delivers efficiencies and generate benefits whilst minimising or eliminating damage to the environment.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods, materials or services and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact the business.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and development and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
Required Skills for the Role
- Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline
- 3 + years of previous experience in a similar position or appropriate comprehensive experience in similar position
- Proven negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with good problem identification and solution abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
- Strong proven experience of building and maintaining effective and productive relationships
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within an engineering or utilities environment
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidates qualifications, experience, suitability and fit for the role.
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org