Enerpower is Ireland’s leading renewable energy company, committed to providing renewable energy to businesses nationwide. A new role is available as Assistant Accountant to be a part of a business that is rapidly expanding and needs to strengthen its finance department.
Title: Assistant Financial Accountant
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Objectives of the Job:
Due to continued and sustained growth Enerpower are currently recuirting for the position of Assistant Financial Accountant.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable: Daily email, payment and invoice queries for both Suppliers & Sub-contractors. Setting up of new suppliers when required.
- Daily purchase order matching and input of invoices on Sage. Generate and maintain the aged creditor report and reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis.
- Weekly meetings with the Financial Controller to review cash flow and proposed payments for the current week. RCT notifications and payments on Revenue online service.
- Posting financial transactions including Invoices, journals and bank receipts and payments.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts, and preparation of monthly cash position.
- Responding to AP queries in a timely manner.
- Preparation of twice-monthly payment Runs
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of Project Costing Reports on a monthly.
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations including debtors, creditors, banks, payroll, prepayments, and fixed Assets for review by Financial Controller.
- Support cash and working capital management through weekly and monthly cashflows.
- Preparing annual submissions and other relevant tax returns as required.
- Analysis of overheads.
- Ad hoc duties as required
Ad hoc duties as required
Experience and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following skills or experiences
- Part-Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/CPA) or IATI Qualified.
- Minimum 1/2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong IT skills desirable.
- Excellent Analytical and organisational Skills with attention to detail.
- ERP system experience essential with sage 50 knowledge an advantage.
- Ability to work independently within the Finance Team and use own initiative.
- Self-motivating and able to work on own initiative.
Salary Strong renumeration package for suitable candidiate.
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org