Due to continued growth, Enerpower are seeking to hire an experienced Electrical Engineer to support the Operations Director in all aspects of Project delivery and Contract management to ensure that electrical element of projects including grid infrastructure are technically sound and delivered on time and to budget. The role would suit an experience solutions based engineer looking to further their career towards Engineering Manager over time and in line with the company’s growth strategy. The role will be based in Waterford and the ideal candidate must have experience in Irish EPC Market as the position will be the go to person for all electrical queries from the company and clients.
Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Reporting to: Director of Operations
- Interface and management of clients, contractors and utility companies to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Assist all junior staff on technical queries on their projects and assist the sales team with client queries at tender stage.
- Complete electrical designs and design reviews to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in specifications.
- Review of Employers Requirements for individual projects and assistance with preparation of same for Tendering and Contract purpose.
- Ensure that all technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay to maintain project programme.
- Monitor submitting through approvals process, track procurement and delivery of key long lead items.
- Review engineer designs to ensure compliance with employers requirements and requests.
- Site attendance to inspect and supervise key works to ensure the expected quality is delivered.
- Witness site acceptance tests for all major electrical plant and attend factory acceptance tests where required.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- Review and answer technical queries from site during the construction and commissioning phases in relation to specifications, drawings, material, equipment and solutions to issues as the arise.
- Specify all manner of electrical equipment
- Carry out cable sizing calcs, breaker settings
- On site commissioning where required
- Work as an integral part of the commissioning process and review commissioning requirements where required.
- Interface with respect to initial dispatch tests on renewable projects during commissioning phase and until maximum export capacity is achieved.
- Qualification in Electrical Engineering (or suitable experience)
- Minimum relevant experience of 5 years
- Proven experience in the design and construction of LV/HV/MV networks
- Proven experience in design and construction of wind/solar electrical works packages is desirable
You will be joining an open and honest work environment in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world. You’ll get the flexibility and responsibility to deliver your projects, on time and to budget, as you see fit. You’ll get to be part of a company actively helping the country meet its climate targets and be responsible for installing real renewable energy assets for customers while doing your bit for the environment.
- Company Pension*
- Death in Service*
- Income Protection*
- Flexible Friday*
- Bike to Work Scheme *
- Professional Membership fees*
- Training & CPD*
*Available upon successful completion of a probationary period.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Enerpower is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity! Note this role is based in Ireland and you must be based in Ireland to complete the tasks of this role
To apply email your CV to email@example.com