Enerpower are Ireland’s leading provider of renewable energy solutions throughs innovation, pushing the boundaries in sustainable self-sufficiency for commercial and industrial sectors benefiting future generations.
Title: Design & Technical Manager
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Objectives of the Job:
At Enerpower, the engineering team plays an integral role in building, maintaining, and innovating the solutions that power our work. As industry leaders, we value engineering as a function to move forward and adapt to a changing and increasingly complex world.
Previous experience in your unique specialisation, as well as the degrees, training and certifications necessary for your specific role, are essential for success in an engineering position at our organisation. Our ideal candidate meets these qualifications, seeks an intense, hands-on role, and applies a highly analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills to their work.
We are now looking to expand our team and are currently recruiting for the position of Design Engineer & Technical Manager.
This is a hands on role travel within Ireland is a requirement of the role.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist with Predesign & Preconstruction activities and advise such as constructability reviews and reviews of
designs to ensure compliance with standards, clients requirements and best practice.
• Understand the optimal design applications and design limitations of standard products and lead the
evaluation of alternate products.
• Reviewing of design, SLD, interconnection details, labelling. and plan ground-mounted and rooftop solar
projects in the commercial and utility scale sector undertake yield assessments
• Develop and verify initial designs for those projects taken into development, working with the team to
incorporate constraints identified from the various site studies and establish detailed work program
• Create technical project assessments/due diligence and assess existing layouts to confirm capacity and yield
• Produce as-build – electrical diagrams
• Liaise with the grid engineers regarding the network connection
• Responsible for conducting site surveys for capacity & connection analysis.
• Revieing and updating on site check sheets reports from multiple projects.
• Managing Installation of LV apparatus (ACB, MCCB, Shunt Coils, Energy Meters, Protection & Reverse Power
Relays, CTs &VTs, Combiner Panels)
• Managing installation of Inverters & Smart Loggers, LV Combiner Panels, Cables (AC and DATA as well as
Control & Protection – Primary & Secondary Trip)
• Interface and provide streamlined project information and detailed bill of materials to procurement manger
• RECI Certifying
• Managing Assistance with client aftercare during defects liability and post system start up.
• Managing Solar PV (DC&AC) System Commissioning
• Provide operations, service and sales department with engineering support as needed
• Managing Client walk through and sign off
• Share knowledge and impart skills to other team members
• Work proactively to ensure performance targets are met
• Assist in any other duties which may encompass the role.
Experience & Qualifications
• Third level Electrical/Sustainable/Mechanical/Project Management qualification.
• Competence in AutoCAD, Helioscope, Pvsyst, PVCase
• Knowledge of photovoltaic system and construction practices
• Creative and pragmatic with an ability to find solutions to challenging problems
• Organized and able to mange multiple projects and stakeholders
• Ability to review complex information and translate in to logical analysis.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
• Minimum 5 years Irish Construction experience
• Full Clean Driving License
• Irish Construction requirements knowledge particularly around EHS
You will be joining an open and honest work environment in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world. You’ll get the flexibility and responsibility to deliver your projects, on time and to budget, as you see fit. You’ll get to be part of a company actively helping the country meet its climate targets and be responsible for installing real renewable energy assets for customers while doing your bit for the environment.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Company Pension*
• Death in Service*
• Income Protection*
• Flexible Friday*
• Hybrid working*
• Bike to Work Scheme *
• Professional Membership fees*
• Training & CPD*
*Available upon successful completion of a probationary period
Strong remuneration package for suitable candidate.
Enerpower is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity! Note this role is based in Ireland and you must be based in Ireland to complete the tasks of this role
To Apply email your CV to email@example.com