Take a look at some commercial heat pump frequently asked questions.
1. What is a Commercial Heat Pump and how does it work?
Heat Pumps are a renewable energy technology that absorbs heat from our surrounding environment and converts it to a higher temperature to heat your building in the winter, alternatively heat pumps will also cool your building in summer.
2. How Many Types of Heat Pumps Exist?
There are two main types of heat pumps; grounds source heat pumps which extract heat from the ground where temperatures are generally higher than above ground and air source heat pumps which convert take the heat from the air.
3.How Do I Know Which Heat Pump Is Best Suited To My Business?
Enerpower are here to help assist you throughout your heat pump installation journey. Enerpower will conduct an energy audit which will determine which heat pump would be best suited to your business needs. Do contact us on 051 364 054 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other heat pump queries.
4. How Much Does A Heat Pump Cost?
Commercial Heat pumps price range can vary depending on the complexity of the system. It is not easy to forecast an exact price as there are many details to consider. Enerpower will conduct an energy audit that will help determine the appropriate size and estimated cost of the Heat Pump. Call us on 051 364 054 to discuss your options further.
5. What Is The Lifespan Of A Heat Pump?
With regular servicing and maintenance, the average lifespan of a heat pump is 20-50 years. Heat Pumps have a longer lifespan than your conventional fossil fuel boilers. Enerpower offers service contracts that will help help your heat pump work to its maximum output.
6. Do I Need Planning Permission To Install A Heat Pump?
Yes, you do require planning permission to install a heat pump outside.
7. Are There Grants Available For Commercial Heat Pumps?
The Irish Government are committed to reducing the country’s overall greenhouse gas emissions so they have provided renewable energy grants for business to avail of and heat pumps are included under the BEC scheme.
8. Are Heat Pumps Noisy?
Both indoor and outdoor components of a heat pump can make some noise, however, this is no more than your fossil fuel boiler.
9. How Can My Business Benefit From A Heat Pump System?
- Commercial Heat Pumps will significantly reduce your heating bills.
- Safer than fossil fuels systems
- Provides a cooling system in the summer ie. Air conditioning system.
- Longer lifespan than your conventional fossil fuel boilers.
- Reduces Co2 emissions by up to 80%.
10. What factors will affect the size of the Heat Pump I require?
The amount of heating required to heat your premises will depend on the potential heat loss and size of your building. To minimize heat loss, we recommend good insulation. If your premise is insulated the size of the heat pump selected will be generally smaller and cheaper to run. The location of your building will also be an important factor as south-facing premises are generally warmer and require less heating. In order to determine the correct heat pump size that is most suited to your premises, we suggest that an energy audit be conducted.
11. How Long Will It Take To Install A Heat Pump?
The installation time of a heat pump is very dependent on the type, size, and location of the heat pump. If you are interested in finding out more please contact us via our website https://enerpower.ie/contactus/
12. Are Heat Pump Environmentally Friendly ?
Yes, Heat Pumps are environmentally friendly as they are a renewable energy technology that operates off the earth’s natural resources.
13. How Much Space Is Required?
Heat Pumps vary in size depending on the type of heat pump being installed. Therefore the amount of space required is depending on the heat pump itself.