Solar PV Ireland – Advantages in a Nutshell
- PV panels provide clean – green energy. Solar energy is energy supplied by nature – it is thus free and abundant!
- Solar energy can be made available almost anywhere there is sunlight
- Solar Panels cost is currently on a fast reducing track and is expected to continue reducing for the next years – consequently solar PV panels has indeed a highly promising future both for economical viability and environmental sustainability.
- Operating and maintenance costs for PV panels are considered to be low, almost negligible, compared to costs of other renewable energy systems
- PV panels have no mechanically moving parts, except in cases of –sun-tracking mechanical bases; consequently they have far less breakages or require less maintenance than other renewable energy systems (e.g. wind turbines)
- PV panels are totally silent, producing no noise at all; consequently, they are a perfect solution for urban areas and for residential applications
- Because solar energy coincides with energy needs for cooling PV panels can provide an effective solution to energy demand peaks – especially in hot summer months where energy demand is high.
- Though solar energy panels’ prices have seen a drastic reduction in the past years, and are still falling, nonetheless, solar photovoltaic panels are one of major renewable energy systems that are promoted through government subsidy funding (FITs, tax credits etc.); thus financial incentive for PV panels make solar energy panels an attractive investment alternative.
- Residential solar panels are easy to install on rooftops or on the ground without any interference to residential lifestyle.