Title: Procurement / Estimating Officer
Location: Waterford & Remote Working Options (Available)
Objectives of the Role:
- As part of a small team work collaboratively to develop the Supply Chain function both internally and as a strategic resource, cultivating key stakeholder relationships.
- Work Collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- In conjunction with manager, set up the estimating process and procedures, systems and database. Maintain the estimating system to ensure prime costs are correct.
- Prepare tender pricing, documentation and bid validation
- Preparing quotations, construction handovers, site surveys
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of required goods, materials or services and advise relevant individuals of any impact.
- Proactively update relevant individuals on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the Company meeting customer demands.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice and tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Pro-actively contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods, materials or services and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact the business.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
Required Skills for the Role
- Degree in Engineering/Quantity Surveying
- 5+ Years of previous experience in a similar position or appropriate comprehensive experience in similar position
- Proven negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commercially and financially aware
- Strong proven experience of building and maintaining effective and productive relationships
- Proven purchasing experience, preferable within an engineering or utilities environment.
What you’ll be joining:
A open and honest work environment in one of the fastest growing sectors in the world. You’ll get the flexibility and responsibility to deliver your projects, on time and to budget, as you see fit. You’ll get to be part of a company actively helping the country meet its climate targets and be responsible for installing real renewable energy assets for customers while doing your bit for the environment.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company Pension*
- Death in Service*
- Income Protection*
- Flexible Friday*
- Hybrid working*
- Bike to Work Scheme *
- Professional Membership fees*
- Training & CPD*
*Available upon successful completion of a probationary period.
Salary Strong remuneration package for suitable candidate.
Enerpower is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity! Note this role is based in Ireland and you must be based in Ireland to complete the tasks of this role
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com