Title: Procurement / Estimating Officer
Location: Waterford & Remote Working Options (Available)
Objectives of the Role:
- As part of a small team work collaboratively to develop the Supply Chain function both internally and as a strategic resource, cultivating key stakeholder relationships.
- Work Collaboratively, negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- In conjunction with manager, set up the estimating process and procedures, systems and database. Maintain the estimating system to ensure prime costs are correct.
- Prepare tender pricing, documentation and bid validation
- Preparing quotations, construction handovers, site surveys
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of required goods, materials or services and advise relevant individuals of any impact.
- Proactively update relevant individuals on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the Company meeting customer demands.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice and tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Pro-actively contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods, materials or services and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact the business.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
Required Skills for the Role
- Degree in Engineering/Quantity Surveying
- 5+ Years of previous experience in a similar position or appropriate comprehensive experience in similar position
- Proven negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Commercially and financially aware
- Strong proven experience of building and maintaining effective and productive relationships
- Proven purchasing experience, preferable within an engineering or utilities environment.
Salary: Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidates qualifications, experience, suitability and fit for the role.
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com