Title: Energy Engineer
Due to continued and sustained growth Enerpower are currently recruiting for the position of Energy Engineer.
The role of the energy engineer is to lead/support technical energy audits, surveys and assist in project implementation across industrial manufacturing sites in Ireland. Work with Energy management partners to deliver projects providing direct energy benefits and innovative funding options (grants/credit schemes). Review energy reports to identify discrepancies in usage patterns and to extract energy savings opportunities from the usage patterns
Reporting to: Projects Director
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out energy opportunities surveys
- Prepare energy consumption calculations and reports
- Make top-level financial justifications for various projects
- Review weekly energy reports
- Identify anomalies and opportunities.
- Develop opportunities into concepts.
- Present reports to clients organisations
- Optimisation of existing energy infrastructure & review alternative/renewable energy feasibility
- Verification of energy performance improvement
- Identify and resolve data bugs
- Coordinating on the delivery of project, consultancy and/or engineering services for Enerpower clients.
- Support the development of junior engineers through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders
Ad hoc duties as required
The person shall participate fully in all necessary interaction to fulfil and develop his function within the business. This shall include, but shall not limited to:
- Information exchange with the Enerpower management team
- Close coordination with the client facilities organisation
- Communicate with energy analytical team
- The person must prepare clear, neat, concise, timely and accurate documentation for review.
- They must make regular accounts of his activity
- They must prepare daily time sheets recording time spent and activity
Other Skills, Experience
- 3+ years’ experience in energy engineering
- Good working knowledge of MS office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Knowledge and experience in energy auditing, energy consumption forecasting, and energy modeling through the life cycle and capital cost/benefits analysis.
- Good working knowledge of environment, health and safety legislation requirements
- Experience with industrial facilities such as Dairy, Nutrition, Pharma, Biopharma & Medical Device manufacturing facilities
- Ability to identify and quantify energy-saving opportunities in the industrial and commercial sectors
- A third level qualification in engineering discipline preferably Energy engineering or a related discipline.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Company Pension*
- Death in Service*
- Income Protection*
- Flexible Friday*
- Hybrid working*
- Bike to Work Scheme *
- Professional Membership fees*
- Training & CPD*
*Available upon successful completion of a probationary period.
Salary Strong remuneration package for suitable candidate.
Enerpower is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity! Note this role is based in Ireland and you must be based in Ireland to complete the tasks of this role.